The SC Steering Committee is seeking future leaders for the SC Conference Series.
Conference General Chair
Nominations for the SC23 General Chair are closed. Nominations for the SC24 General Chair open now and close July 7, 2021. To nominate a person (possibly yourself) for the position, send an email providing the candidate’s name, a short paragraph describing how the candidate meets the following criteria, and a recent curriculum vitae (CV) that highlights professional and SC experience.
Desired qualities in the SC General Chair include:
- Experience managing large, complex projects in which the people executing the project do not all report directly to the manager
- Breadth and depth of experience with SC conference organization, especially leadership roles
- Active participation in our community
- Ability to set strategic direction and delegate its execution
- Ability to commit significant resources to management of the conference in the three years leading up to the event – generally 10% of a full-time equivalent (FTE) two years before your conference year, 25% FTE the year before your conference, and increasing to 70% FTE by the time of your conference
- Experience managing a large multimillion dollar budget
Steering Committee Members
Nominations for openings on the 2022 SC Steering committee will open now and close September 15, 2021. To nominate a person (possibly yourself), send an email giving the candidate’s name, a short paragraph describing how the candidate meets the following criteria, and a recent curriculum vitae (CV) that highlights professional and SC experience.
Desired qualities in members of the Steering Committee include:
- A vision for how the conference may serve the needs of the advanced computing community
- Experience and knowledge of the SC Conference
- Willingness to be an active and engaged advocate for the SC Conference community
- Ability to commit to attend three one-day in-person meetings and monthly one-hour teleconferences annually for a four-year term